Your Complete Guide To Vitamin C Serum: Is It Right For You?
If you are like most people, you’ve likely been through a huge selection of skin care products in your lifetime. You’ve spent time, effort, and money trying to decipher which ingredients list actually works for your skin and doesn’t react with another one of your favorite products. Vitamin C should be an ingredient included in everyone’s skincare routine. Why? Read on to learn about the benefits of using vitamin C on your skin.
What is vitamin C serum?
Vitamin C serum is just like any other serum you might apply to your face, but it’s packed with skin-brightening vitamin C. Its consistency is gel-like and may feel cool to touch.
Many dermatologists believe that serum is the best form of vitamin C as serums are often more effective than toners or creams. And if you add vitamin E into your vitamin C skincare routine, it can be even more effective, protecting your skin even further against free radical damage.
Vitamin C serums are popular for a good reason: they do what we want them to! Issues like acne scars, uneven skin tone, fine lines, rough and generally dull skin are all often treated with vitamin C skincare products.
Why apply vitamin C to your skin?
When we think about vitamin C, we usually think of oranges and lemons, and that’s because those fruits are naturally rich in vitamin C. It may come as a surprise, but the acidity in vitamin C is actually beneficial to your skin. When applied topically, the acidity triggers a healing process by which the skin speeds up the production of collagen and elastin. These two fibers are what keep your skin looking dewy, plump, and youthful, so anything that causes the production of collagen and elastin is good.
The vitamin C you eat in your diet can benefit your skin, but your skin, hair, and nails are the last thing your body will send nutrients to, so applying vitamin C to your skin is the best way to ensure it reaches your skin.
What are the benefits of using vitamin C serum?
- It helps brighten the skin. One of the main reasons people use vitamin C is its brightening effect. It gives the effect of a light, bright glow, similar to that you’d get after an afternoon in the sun (but without any of the UV damage)!
- It reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation. While hyperpigmentation is usually harmless, we’d all love an even skin tone. Hyperpigmentation can be caused by scarring, sun damage, and even hormonal changes. Vitamin C can help renew our skin so the appearance of this hyperpigmentation is minimalized.
- Anti-aging effects by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It smooths your skin’s surface, reducing fine lines and wrinkles. This plus the collagen your skin produces naturally when we use vitamin C works to produce plump, firm skin that contributes to that timeless, youthful look.
- Helps reduce sun damage and environmental damage. Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants (it’s the most powerful antioxidant in the human body!) that can help offset daily skin stressors such as UV damage and air pollution exposure. This trait makes vitamin C very attractive for anyone who spends more than a few minutes outdoors each day, not to mention those of us living in big cities where there’s plenty of pollution that can damage our skin cells.
- Reduces the appearance of dark under-eye circles. Vitamin C makes you look more energized and keeps your skin hydrated, making it less likely that you’ll get that dull, sunken skin around your eyes that some people suffer from when overtired or stressed.
- It doesn’t react with other skincare ingredients. Many people don’t realize that the reason why their new skincare product has caused a breakout isn’t because of the product itself, but actually because it has ingredients in it that reacted badly with something in one of their other products. This isn’t the case with vitamin C serum – you can add it into your routine safe in the knowledge that it won’t react negatively with any toner you’re using.
The only ingredient to watch out for is benzoyl peroxide, which can neutralize
- the effects of vitamin C, so if you use a product with it in, use it in the evenings do you can reap the benefits of your vitamin C serum.
Many people who experience the skin issues mentioned above may want to use vitamin C serum, but don’t forget that skincare should be preventative first – so start using vitamin C serum now, even if you’re still lucky enough to have plump, bright, youthful skin!
How do I use vitamin C serum so it is most effective?
Start by cleaning your face and neck with your favorite cleanser. Follow up with applying your toner if you usually use one. We recommend applying the vitamin C serum before you apply any moisturizer so the vitamin c serum can soak in and dry first. You’ll only need a few drops as a little goes a long way! If you’re new to using vitamin C serum, start with a low concentration and allow your skin to become accustomed to the new ingredient. You may only feel the need to apply it during certain times of the year, but it works best when applied every morning, throughout the year. Your vitamin C serum should become a staple of your morning skincare routine.
After the vitamin C serum has absorbed into your skin, apply your go-to moisturizer. If you haven’t already seen it, check out our moisturizer – it pairs beautifully with our vitamin C serum! Both of these products are free of parabens and artificial scents, so they’re great for all skin types.
What ingredients we use in our Vitamin C Serum.
For a complete breakdown of ingredients and to see the other benefits associated with our serum click here.
At Be Phenomenal Wellness Company, we want to help you to embrace your best self every day and be phenomenal.
We strive to make the very best products and optimize them for results, if you don’t get any results from our products then reach out to us and we will allow you to return it, we are confident you will love each product we offer. 🙂 To save 10% off on your first order of Our Vitamin C Serum use BEAUTY10 at checkout, and click here to go directly to our Vitamin C Serum or click here to go to all products. YOU ARE PHENOMENAL!